Ugh, that title is so weak. Maybe I'll think of something cooler by the time I'm done writing this.
So now that I have my tablet back I'm going to be working on a series of digital character portraits. This effort is part fundraising for myself, part getting back into the saddle, so by ordering, you're really helping me out in two ways. Why portraits? Well, because they're fun and I love doing them.
I'm going to be doing things a little differently this time, so please bear with me if you're interested. Here's the scoop.
* I work best when I'm painting your own original fantasy, scifi, and other fictional characters. For the time being I'm not soliciting realistic portraits of real people.
* You can provide me with any kind of reference you have handy. Visuals are best but I can work from a written description.
* I will be doing these commissions one at a time, paypal'd in advance. Can't take a check or money orders this time, sorry!
* I can't really tell what the response will be to this offer, but I want to warn that I may not be able to get to everybody, if there are a lot of orders.
* I'm shooting for each portrait to be around $30 - $50. It will depend on the level of complexity of your character. (Please note that my prices have dropped considerably. Thanks, RECESSION.)
* Tips are always appreciated as I am waaaay more of a starving artist now than I used to be. So if you tip me, I will spend longer on your painting, and probably write you a love letter or something.
How to order:
* Send me a note with the title "2013 Commission".
* Include the name of your character, and provide visual references or a thorough written description. If you want, tell me a little about your character - with an idea of their personality I can do a better portrait. Please also include your email address and name.
* I will respond, we'll banter, etc. and decide on a price. I'll send you my paypal info, receive your payment, and then get my portraiture on.
* When I'm done you'll receive the hi-res file. I personally feel like this is as good as having an original, because no one else has the big file, so you're the only one who can print it out properly.
Like I said, I'm going to be doing these one after another. I will not start a new portrait until I finish the last. If I take your payment, you can be assured that's the only thing I'm working on until it's done.
I'm sure this is unprofessional to say, but momma needs to make rent. If you want to hire me for something else, like a bigger illustration, don't hesitate to ask.